Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tired...

Man, I'm tired.
We put Sawyer's bedroom suite on Craigslist three days ago...someone came to look at it yesterday, and they ended up buying it. I wasn't expecting it to sell that quickly, which left us putting a full sized mattress on Sawyer's bedroom floor last night so she'd have a place to sleep! Her room seems way bigger without her crib, chest and changing table and she's liking the extra play-space. I was wondering how it would go last night, and I was a little surprised when she went to bed without an ounce of a problem.
Preston and I stayed up way too late watching a red box movie...and at midnight, I heard her crying. Not getting out of bed, just crying and saying her leg hurt. I went in tot check on her and bless her heart, her face was soaked with tears and she was rubbing her little knee (I think its just growing pains.) I got her up and let her come sit with us for a little bit, but of course, when it was time to go back to bed she started crying again. By this time it was almost one o clock in the morning and I gave up and told her I'd come in there and sleep with her, but assured her it would just be for tonight. Once we lay down, she was still whimpering and rubbing her leg, so we finally got up again so I could give her some medicine. I'm SUCH a stickler about not sleeping with your kids unless they're sick, but I just wasn't sure if she was crying because of her "new" bed, or because her leg really did hurt. I gave her the benefit of the doubt. We didn't fall asleep until 2:30 and she woke up this morning about an hour before she normally does.
I was not my happy-morning-self when she woke up. I was so tired and I knew if we stayed home it would be REALLY hard for me to stay awake, so Sawyer and I made a trip to the mall to hang out for a while, and of course to look for furniture.
We ended up having a good time...we split a Cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera, walked our socks off, rode the elevator a dozen times-just for fun, and looked around at our favorite place-Pottery Barn Kids-for quite a while. Still didn't find any furniture, but that's alright.
Sawyer's taking her nap right now, and she's been asleep for a long time, so that makes me feel better. I think I'm gonna lay down for a little bit myself...yawn. After nap, the furniture hunt continues!

No comments: