Friday, March 5, 2010

More of The Things They Say...

The other day, I was reading Sawyer a book, and on one page there was a picture of a boy running toward a forest. Sawyer looked VERY closely at the boy and said, "Momma, is that Moses runnin' to his promise land?"

Sawyer loves the Wizard of Oz, and she's always talking about how the scarecrow is "her boy." I have no idea why she calls him her boy, but I guess she just really, really likes him. Anyway, the other day she was was once again talking about "her boy," so I told her if the scarecrow was her boy, then the lion was my boy. "No, Momma! The lion's NOT your boy...onlydaddy is your boy."

While Sawyer was taking her bath last night, she laid back in the tub, put a wash rag over her face and said, "Please be quiet Momma...I'm trying to relax."

Sawyer often asks me to tell her the story of the day she was born, and I guess Ive done it so many times, she's just about got it memorized...except now she adds in a few of her own details. Yesterday, while we were driving in the car, our conversation went like this...
Sawyer: When I was a baby, I was sooooooo tiny in your belly! I was this (making a cup with both of her little hands,) big. And when I came, everyone was there to see me...Mamaw and Papaw Well-Well, Grandpa Guy, Uncle Grant, Daddy, Mimi, Papaw, Amy, Jordan...
Me: You're right! All of those people came to see you. And they all held you and said what a sweet baby you were.
Sawyer: Yeah...and Cameryn and Kendall came too...and they both held me!
Me: Well, no, Cameryn and Kendall weren't there because they're younger than you. They couldn't have held you because they weren't born yet.
Sawyer: (after thinking for a minute,) No, Mom...they WERE there. An they said, "Oh, what a geeeorgeooous baby!"

3 comments:

Leah said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!! I LOVE it.

We must get together soon.

Jordan Burt said...

Hahahaha!! She is sooo funny! But, she was a gorgeous baby : )

Adam Holly Grace said...

Oh my goodness. Laughing out loud.. at the 'please be quiet Mama, I am trying to relax'!!:)