Thursday, June 3, 2010

Swim Little Fishy...








Sawyer LOVES LOVES LOVES being in the water! She's been a "water baby" since she was old enough to sit up in water, and I cant even tell you how happy that makes me. Last year we started taking her to my grandparents neighborhood pool, and from the very start she couldn't get enough. She was too little to really learn how to swim, so I got her a life jacket to wear, but it didn't really do much...I still had to keep hold of her the entire time we were in the water. It was fine, but I could tell- being the independent girl she is- that she wanted to be able to do more by herself.
Fast forward to this year...My grandparents pool opened this weekend, and we've already been twice. Sawyer is even more in love with the water, if that's even possible. Before we went out there on Wednesday, I decided to run to Target and buy some arm floaties and give those a try. She was SO excited about wearing them because there were several other (older) kids who had them on, so she really felt like a big girl. After about 15 minutes of working with her, helping her realize she wasn't going to go under if I let her go, she GOT IT! From then on, there was no stopping her...she was swimmin' all over the place! I honestly couldn't believe I was watching my almost 3 year old doggy paddle across the pool...it was just so neat. so of course I had to break out my camera! (You'll have to excuse the not so great quality of the pictures, these are just taken with my little point-and-shoot. I don't like getting my other camera too close to large bodies of water OR splashy toddlers. Ha!)

No comments: