Sunday, May 16, 2010

Florida...



















Preston and I had a BLAST in Florida this past week!!!
The place we stayed at was right on the beach, our room was nice, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.
We spent most of the days laying out at the pool, walking the beach, napping, and eating delicious food...all the makings of a great vacation. While we spent the majority of the time just relaxing, we did get to go check out a couple of the local attractions; the Ponce De Leon Inlet/Lighthouse, which made me feel like a 97 year old woman while trying to climb all the stairs to the top (but I made it!) and The Marine Science/Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Center, which was super neat. The Lighthouse was my favorite, just because I'm a big history buff, and there's A LOT of history behind that place.
And what would be a real Florida vacation without someone losing their bathing suit top at least once? Oh yeah, you read that right. It was me. And I really shouldn't say bathing suit top...I obviously don't wear a two piece, but The story went a little something like this: We were walking along the beach late one day, and the waves were pretty high, so we thought it would be fun to go wave jumping. We're a little above waist deep in the water, and the waves are really rolling in...we were getting hammered, and laughing our heads off. Then, it happened. I came up from getting plastered by a monster wave, when Preston turns to me a few seconds later with a horrified look and yells, "Oh!!!! Erica!!!!" while pointing to my top. Let's just say my right "chest part" was hanging completely out of my swimsuit for all the world (or at least the 40ish people who were on the shore) to see. Nice. But, there was a plus: I didn't get arrested by the beach patrol for public indecency, and I learned my lesson. The next day, I was sure to wear my other, more "supportive" swimsuit, just just case we decided to go for another round of wave jumping.
We'd also been seeing previews all week for the new movie, Robin Hood, that was coming out this past Friday. Preston was dying to see it, and I wanted to see it to, but we didn't want to spend our last day there in a movie theatre. So, we did the next best thing and decided to go see the 12:01AM showing on Thursday night! At the time, it didn't really register with me that we wouldn't get back to our room until 3:00 that morning. I will tell you that I was FIGHTING sleep toward the end of the movie, but oh my goodness...I SO WISH I would have taken my camera. Y'all, first of all, the theatre was PACKED, and there were several die hard fans...okay, get ready for it...dressed up like Robin Hood! I don't mean a little dressed up either. I mean full out costumes... swords, shields, hats, and armor. I was DYING! If you know me at all, you know just seeing that alone made my night.
We're glad to be back home with Sawyer. We were able to talk to her on the phone almost every day, but I missed seeing that sweet little face! It always stinks to have vacation come to an end, but it always feels good to be back home. We're already talking about the next time we'll get to go again, and we cant wait to take Sawyer to the beach for the first time.
Florida, you were good to us, and we'll see you again soon!
Oh, and Mothers Day was the best! I never got to post about it, because we were trying to get ready to leave, and we were just so busy. We actually celebrated the Thursday before Mothers Day. Mom, Dad, Preston, Sawyer and I went to our favorite, Bonefish Grille, for dinner...always so yummy. Mom and Dad wrote me the sweetest card, and gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure, which came at the perfect time. I used the very next day before we left! Preston, once again, completely out did himself, and he got me a bunch of my favorite candles and lotions from Bath and Body Works, AND...DRUMROLL...TICKETS FOR NEXT WEEKEND TO SEE...WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost passed out when I opened them, because he knows (everyone knows! ha!) Ive been wanting to go see it forever! I don't know how he's kept it a secret for this long, because he's had the tickets for months. Needless to say, I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about his Father's Day gift.
Hope ya'll have had a good week! We're glad to be back!

1 comment:

Leah said...

so funny. you know i had to come home and read this! ha!

have fun at wicked. everyone says it's fantastic!