Friday, November 14, 2008

A Long Awaited Weekend...


SO, The weekend is finally upon us! And Im not just excited because its ordinary weekend, but because after working 10 (very LONG) days straight, Preston is OFF work for the next four days! We have much planned for the next few days, which include friends, food, fun and family time...what more could we possibly ask for?

This evening I am feeling overwhelmed with how blessed I am, especially for having such an amazing husband. He is thoughtful, kind, unselfish, hard-working, dedicated, funny, caring, and he loves the Lord. Oh, and did I mention handsome??? He's a wonderful provider, and excellent father, and my best friend. I just love Him.

Saw-Bug is in bed, so Im going to go now, and spend some time with my sweet husband. Oh, but I came across a bible verse in one of my devotionals the other day that I thought was pretty AWESOME. During these "uncertain" times, there are many people unsure about so many things. They are scared, and understandably so. I will admit that I really struggle with worrying, and there are many times when I feel like I have to take things into my own hands, because I know "best." But God has much better plans in store for us than we have for ourselves. He is so much bigger than we could ever imagine, and He is always, always, always in control, no matter what. So really, there's no reason to be afraid-Our Father, who loves us beyond what we can comprehend is with us every step of the way. We just have to put our trust in Him alone, and we will have more joy, more peace than we've ever had before. He's ALWAYS FAITHFUL!!!!

Anyways, this verse really spoke to me, so I thought I'd share:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you WHEREVER you go." -Joshua 1:9

No comments: